VP of Universal Retail Banking
- @Vystar Credit Union
- Part Time
- Posted 2 months ago
- 0 Click(s)
- Winter Park, FL, USA View on Map
- View(s) 314
At VyStar, we offer competitive pay, an excellent benefits package that includes a 401(k) Plan, an extensive paid technical and on-the-job training program, and tuition reimbursement–available to all full and part-time employees. Part-time positions start at a minimum of 30 hours per week.
We encourage you to become a part of VyStar Credit Union’s family of employees.
VP of Universal Retail Banking ACCOUNTABILITY STATEMENT
The Universal Servicing Vice President has the ultimate responsibility for all Branch and Contact Center facets of their assigned location/s to include coaching, developing and leading all Branch personnel to achieve individual, branch growth, and contact center efficiency goals while delivering an unbelievable member experience. In addition, the Universal Vice President is responsible for growing new consumer and business memberships as well as a deposit, loan, and investment balances along with insurance and other protection products in alignment with the strategic plans of the credit union.
This key leadership position must be able to precisely describe VyStar Credit Union’s value proposition versus competitors and convey the importance of educating and proactively helping members with their financial goals. If you are passionate about people and proactively helping improve our members’ lives through financial solutions, education, and advice, then join us at VyStar Credit Union.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Proactively looks for areas of continuous improvement and ensures opportunities to improve are communicated effectively to the executive team and/or support departments with the goal of providing the best employee and member experience possible in the pursuit of providing the best overall financial services experience in the industry. Reinforce Sr. Leadership’s direction.
- Must be able to develop strong alignment & collaboration across departments as this is a heavily matrixed role.
- Must be able to manage branch and contact center processes and priorities to ensure all risk management guidelines are followed.
- Develops and implements tactical plans for the assigned location/s & departments that are aligned with VyStar’s goals and objectives documented in the annual business plan.
- Coaches assigned branch and contact center leaders to lead by example and consistently exhibit the behaviors of VyStar’s culture to establish and grow strong member relationships successfully.
- Performs the job with autonomy in driving membership growth, business activities, and financial results in the specific location/s.
- Supports and promotes a “Culture of Yes” to find solutions for all member needs.
- Develops assigned employees to accomplish internal succession planning for future career growth opportunities within the credit union.
- Hold assigned branch and contact center leaders accountable for timely ownership around employee issues.
- Serves as a key integrator to ensure business partners’ success through referrals, including but not limited to Mortgage, Business Services, Insurance, and Investment Services.
- Maintains a high level of engagement while proactively asking for feedback and fostering a culture of idea-sharing.
- Accountable for operating the assigned departments & location/s efficiently and in line with corporate policies and procedures. Respond timely and consistently with well-researched and accurate details.
- Oversees & collaborates with audits in all areas of branch & contact center operations through the branch Self-Monitoring Program (SMP) to ensure compliance with regulations and credit union policies. Adheres to solid risk management guidelines in a highly regulated environment.
- Conducts joint outside business calls and VyStar at Work presentations to accelerate new member growth and profitability of all business units within the credit union.
- May hold key leadership positions with civic, not-for-profit, charitable, and service organizations within the local market to support the VyStar brand.
- Takes direction, applies to business situations and owns assigned tasks to completion.
- Know your numbers, plan, acknowledge areas of improvement, adjust, and execute to ensure objectives are met.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Demonstrate each of the following VyStar Excellence behaviors in performing the duties and responsibilities of their job.
- Focus – Focus your full attention by carefully listening to and observing your clients or member.
- Connect – Consistently be friendly and approachable. Demonstrate you care.
- Understand – Listen empathetically and ask questions (70% to 30%).
- Counsel – Recommend solutions based on your client’s or member’s needs and objectives.
- Advance – Ensure that members’ or clients’ expectations are exceeded.
- Verify necessary follow-up actions were completed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- A four-year college degree is preferred. Comparable experience in a financial institution may be substituted for a college degree.
- 8+ years’ experience managing people and process management in a financial institution is preferred. Previous branch & contact center management experience is preferred.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Proven track record of leading high-performing sales & service teams in exceeding superior business and member service results.
- It creates a climate in which people want to do their best, own their business results, drive to win, and always do the right thing.
- Must possess exceptional coaching and mentoring skills and be able to foster an environment of coaching and developing employees for performance and growth.
- Ability to hold self and others accountable for the achievement of key business priorities via effectively leading managers remotely.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, have a strong desire to motivate and empower others, and set the tone of commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Must possess a positive can-do attitude and the ability to relate well with others.
- Must have an intense focus on delivering an unbelievable member experience and a commitment to looking for and championing areas for continuous improvement while maintaining high-quality standards.
- Possesses excellent written, verbal, and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to independently resolve escalated member issues or inquiries in an expedient and professional manner.
- Must be able to multi-task, prioritize effectively and execute with a sense of urgency.
- Experience in a matrixed leadership environment or management position is preferred, preferably in a financial institution.
Relationship Banking Officer Full Time Eugene, OR, USA Published 1 month ago
The Relationship Banking Officer reports to the Treasury Management Officer and is responsible for identification, analysis and sales and support of the Bank’...@ Summit Bank Posted in: Banking/Finance Save job
SaviBank Bank Teller Full Time Oak Harbor, WA, USA Published 1 month ago
SaviBank Bank Teller SaviBank is continuing to grow, and we have an exciting opportunity to join our great team in Oak Harbor! Are you looking for more ...@ SaviBank Posted in: Banking/Finance Save job
Executive Assistant – Investment Banking Full Time Chicago, IL, USA Published 1 month ago
Executive Assistant – Investment Banking Company X is seeking a proactive Executive Assistant to support its Investment Banking Private Equity Advisory ...@ The Rockridge Group Posted in: Banking/Finance Save job