Husson University in Bangor, ME, has been transforming students’ lives for over 100 years. We do this by inspiring and preparing students for professional careers in current and emerging fields as part of an education informed by the sciences and humanities.
Husson has helped thousands of students to benefit from the transformative power of education. We’re committed to making the strategic decisions now that will allow us to continue transforming lives well into the future.
Husson University seeks to attract world-class adjunct faculty to enrich the educational experience of our professionally-motivated students. Husson is committed to building a culturally diverse part-time and full-time faculty dedicated to teaching and working in a multicultural environment. We are especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the academic community through their teaching, scholarship, and professional experience.
Examples of Duties
Husson University is seeking to add enthusiastic individuals to the adjunct pool to design and teach courses in our online Bachelor of Science in Business program and our Bachelor of Science in Accounting program. Our B.S. in Business program has concentrations in Financial Management, Management, Marketing Management, and Healthcare Management. Courses are online and run for seven weeks in six different terms. Candidates with demonstrated expertise and professional experience in the following are encouraged to apply:
- Economic Geography
- Principles of Accounting
- Intermediate Accounting
- Advanced Accounting
- Accounting for Non-Profit Organizations
- Federal Taxation
- Forensic Accounting
- Cost Accounting
- Accounting Information Systems
- Auditing Concepts
- Business Law
- Organizational Management
- Financial Management
- Business Ethics
- Human Resource Management
- Organizational Behavior
- Business Strategy
- Financial Planning
- Corporate Options and Structure
- Money, Banking, and Financial Markets
- Investments (stocks and mutual funds)
- International Finance
- Bonds and Derivatives
- Risk Management
- Small Business Management
- Marketing Management
- Sales Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Competitive Intelligence
- Marketing Communications
- International Marketing
- Marketing Research
- Social Media Marketing
- Healthcare Management
- Healthcare Law and Ethics
- Healthcare Economics and Policy
The ideal candidate will possess a Master’s or Ph.D. in Business plus experience and:
- Previous experience with online teaching. Experience with teaching online using the Course Management system Canvas is desirable.
- Ability to efficiently operate a personal computer and associated software (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.).
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately.
- Personal commitment to providing quality online education.
Location and Technology Requirements
- Husson University’s Online Adjuncts teach remotely and must have daily access to high-speed internet and a computer (with camera) with an operating system of Windows or Apple OS.