Assistant Accountant // Permanent // Eccles // £27k
We currently have a requirement for an Assistant Accountant, with experience in the duties listed below, to join a well established organisation in Eccles.
The role will report into the Head of Finance, supporting with the Management accounts and undertaking a wide range of duties.
Working hours are 9.00 am to 5.00 pm, or 8.00am – 4 .00 pm Monday to Friday. 35 hours per week,
There is a hybrid arrangement in place (WFH 3 days – Mon, Thurs, Fri and office based 2 days – Tues, Wed).
£27,000, with excellent benefits.
- Complete accruals, pre-payments and journals for the monthly management accounts.
- Prepare ad-hoc financial reports for month end management accounts and provide information to the finance team.
- Handle annual CPI rent increases requested by landlords and funders.
- Prepare financial documents such as invoice schedules, ad-hoc invoices and provide advice and assistance to accounts payable and receivable.
- Assist with completing purchase and sales invoices, importing and inputting on Sage.
- Enter financial information onto Sage.
- Assist with and co-ordinate documents and information for internal and external audits.
- Verify and reconcile balances in Sage and rectify discrepancies.
- Verify lease payment increases and liaise with landlords.
- Assist the Head of Finance and Financial Director with ad-hoc financial reports.
- Knowledge and preparation of fixed asset registers and depreciation in absence of other staff.
- Completion of bank reconciliations in absence of other staff.
- Review reports for accuracy and meticulously trace errors back to source.
- Resolve errors in financial reports and correct faulty reporting methods.
- Develop and maintain computerised and manual filing and record keeping systems.
- Assist in the maintenance of returns to the Charity Commission and Companies House.
Skills and experience:
- AAT qual or part qualified CIMA/ACCA
- Previous experience with;journals, accruals, prepayments, balance sheet recs
- Strong excel skills
- Good reporting and analysis skills
- Good attention to detail
If you are interested in joining a diverse and welcoming organisation that will support your development, please send your cv