A unique and exciting opportunity has arisen to join one of the world’s most successful, purpose-led businesses, our client, a leading global FMCG company with Brands such as Dove, Knorr, Persil and Magnum, as an Assistant Finance Manager based at their iconic Head Office in Blackfriars, London (will involve a mix of working from home and working from the office).
This is a full-time temporary role to last until the end of April 2023, working a 36.25-hour week, to start ASAP. This role is paying up to £50,000 per annum, pro rata, depending on experience.
This role reports to Group Financial Accounting Manager and is primarily responsible for preparation of Balance sheet and related notes for Annual report.
The Group Chief Accountant’s Department (GCAD) is part of the Controller’s department in Unilever Group. GCAD is responsible for UL’s external financial reporting and global financial controls (Sarbanes Oxley compliance), managing the global audit relationship with our external audit partner; determining and implementing UL’s accounting policies; and many other projects related to how UL measures its performance and presents and communicates this to the external world.
- Ensure accurate and timely finalization of balance sheet on monthly basis
- Review monthly financial results for key balance sheet accounts to ensure compliance with UL’s accounting policy.
- Provide guidance and training to countries on the accounting policies and responding to accounting and reporting queries.
- Support in preparing the relevant parts of the quarterly press release as well as the Annual report and accounts (ARA)
- Liaise with global procurement teams and prepare global commitments data to support ARA.
- Liaise with our internal auditors, external auditors (KPMG) and ensuring all Group control requirements are documented and complied as required.
- Preparing and delivering training for relevant areas of expertise.
- Support implementing the new reporting requirements on a timely basis as needed.
- Other responsibilities include continuous system and process improvements and supporting the line manager on ad-hoc projects as they arise.
Key Skills Required
- Experience in finance function – preferably in reporting and accounting
- Experience in preparation of financial statements is desirable
- ICAEW/ACCA or a similar qualification
- Exposure to IFRS – desirable
- SAP/BCS knowledge – desirable