Business Development Manager – Timber – Dover and surrounding areas
‘Making the world a better home’ – Saint-Gobain’s purpose, we have a history spanning more than 350 years and have a responsibility to address the major challenges faced by humanity. We are on a journey to make the world a beautiful and sustainable place to live and have pledged to achieve net-zero carbon emissions by 2050!
This is a fantastic opportunity to join as a Business Development Manager with Jewson. The focus is to deliver profitable sales and margin growth for timber, panel and related products to both new and existing customers. The successful candidate will ensure that Jewson is the market leader locally for timber and related products offered within the Business Unit, leading market share growth in line with our purpose and values. The role will also help develop timber knowledge amongst colleagues across the Business Unit so that Jewson is seen as the destination of choice for timber by both existing and new customers.
As a Business Development Manager with Jewson you will be involved in the following:
- Profitable sales and margin growth of timber, sheet and related products.
- To identify, maximise and develop existing, new, lapsed or dormant business via opportunities such as lead sourcing, lead follow ups and customer interaction.
- Build effective relationships with all branch and sales colleagues across the Business Unit.
- To drive the full offer, expertise and services of the Timber Specialist Branch.
- Act as the ‘first point of contact’ in relation to large timber enquiries, from both internal and external customers.
- Manage the supply and demand of timber taking in to account upcoming opportunities and market factors, including stock levels, transferring stock across sites for sale purposes, and building relationships with key suppliers.
- Develop trusting relationships both internally and externally in order to deliver ‘customer first’ solutions every time.
- Acquire a thorough understanding of target customer needs and requirements and expand relationships by continuously proposing solutions that meet our purpose and values.
- Work with category, supply chain and other support functions to ensure that all sizeable opportunities are leveraged.
First and foremost, we always want to recruit talented people that align well with our values and way of working; we innovate, we collaborate, we’re agile, we act with entrepreneurial spirit, and we’re supportive of and close to our customers. Does this sound like you?
To be suitable for the Business Development Manager with Jewson you need to have:
- Proven sales experience of working in customer facing roles, with an ability to build strong relationships.
- Proven track record of sales and margin growth.
- Proven expertise in timber and related products (preferred not essential)
- A good understanding of digital sales tools and systems.
- Experience of developing and executing plans and working cross-functionally.
- Proven financial and commercial awareness.
- Problem solving ability with a “Customer First” and “Pro-active” ethos.
- Ability to influence and negotiate at all levels.
- Work in a team and plan own time
What are the benefits?
There are 32+ fascinating Saint-Gobain businesses that recruit talented people in the UK and Ireland. However, regardless of which business you join, you are assured to be welcomed into a professional and warm environment, where we value all of our employees equally and have a strong focus on their health, safety and wellbeing at all times.
This vacancy is working for Jewson, Saint-Gobain is the world leader in the habitat and construction markets, with over 170,000 employees and operations in 67 countries worldwide. With such a significant presence we are proud to offer our employees a career without boundaries… Are You in?
In addition to benefitting from a significant focus on your own personal development, you will also have access to:
- A competitive salary plus bonus and company car.
- Opportunities for career progression and development.
- 33 days’ holiday (including bank holidays), plus the option to buy or sell additional days.
- A defined contribution pension scheme.
- Great discounts across high street chains, online stores and holiday agents.
- Saint-Gobain Life Assurance Scheme.
- Access to a leading health and wellbeing portal.