Business Systems Engineer
We are currently seeking a Business Systems Engineer to join our Oldham-based team in a role designed to ensure that our business information systems are developed, maintained and administered accurately to allow the smooth operation of our busy maintenance division.
This is a great opportunity for a candidate with strong technical and administrative skills who enjoys challenges and interacting with people. The opportunity is offered with a competitive salary on a full-time permanent basis. Our systems support team serves numerous office locations around the world and this role is based at our office in Oldham, Manchester.
To be successful as our Business Systems Engineer, you need to be a confident communicator, self-motivated, and well organised, with previous experience in business systems management.
Objectives and responsibilities of the role
This is a technical role; undertaking responsibility for the enhanced development of several of our core business systems.
Working as part of a technical division, you will report to the head of IT & systems and will be responsible for further enhancement of critical systems above, facilitating stakeholder requests, assisting business users who are experiencing problems, change and service requests around our business systems.
Qualifications, experience and skills required
- Degree qualification in Computer Science or comparative Microsoft certification
- ITIL – Foundation desirable
- A minimum of 3 years Technical Experience within business systems
- Communication skills so they can discuss instructions with all parties included in the project and to answer all questions a customer may have on how the software works
- Detail-oriented skills to ensure all parts of an application come together and work as intended
- Interpersonal skills to be able to work with all others that may be included on the project to ensure it works properly
- Problem-solving skills are important to ensure any issues that arise during the design and testing processes are fixed
Your Package & Perks:
- Competitive salary
- Paid breaks, with free hot premium drinks
- 24 days holiday, plus Bank Holidays,
- Flexible working for great work-life balance
- Private Healthcare Scheme
- Free onsite modern gym
- Staff car workshop
We’re heading towards our 30th year here at Innovative Technology, where we now have offices on five continents and employ around 400 people, with over 100 based from our state-of-the-art R&D hub and global head office in Oldham, Manchester.
From self-service checkouts to arcade machines, we provide our retail, banking, kiosk, vending, gaming and amusement customers with products and services that help them securely accept automated payments, with our industry leading technology keeping us at the forefront of our sector.
By being true to our values of Innovation, Collaboration, Respect and Drive we’ve seen significant growth and won numerous domestic and international awards, whilst offering outstanding career opportunities and great benefits. You’ll find us on the edge of the Pennines and less than half an hour from central Manchester, with modern offices, free parking and excellent transport links.
If you are an experienced Business Systems Professional and want to join our award-winning team, working on the latest cutting-edge technology we want to hear from you.