Finance and Business Management Associate – NA Credit Risk
Our Business Management team acts as a trusted advisor to the various Wholesale Credit Risk business heads and optimizes business performance by helping to drive key (strategic) initiatives and priorities.
Business Management optimizes business performances by helping to drive key (strategic) initiatives and priorities. We act as independent, trusted advisors and counterweight to Business/Group Heads, and are responsible for identifying, escalating, and mitigating business risks. The role of a business manager is dynamic and can vary from business to business, in line with the priorities of the different lines of business.
This is a time-pressured and high-visibility position, instrumental in supporting/advising senior management and in coordinating strategic and tactical objectives.
The main responsibilities of a Wholesale Credit Risk Business Manager are to:
- Support the implementation of new business strategies, strategic initiatives or platforms, including aligning department and support groups (Finance, Tech, Ops, Legal, Compliance, HR, Audit)
- Optimize ‘bottom line’ business performance by driving key initiatives (e.g. transformation & change management, location strategy)
- Identify, escalate and mitigate business risks that could impair our ability to do business (e.g. legal, tax, regulatory, capacity issues, compliance, operational, resiliency)
- Financial planning & analysis, identifying productivity initiatives and drive implementation to meet budgeting targets
- Partner with business, Operations and Technology partners in the definition of future workflows and implementation of related technology and infrastructure projects to optimize the operational structure and maximize operational efficiency.
- Business representation in respective internal/external working groups
- Lead communications agenda for the business
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Economics, or other related area
- Prior experience in Business Management or consulting; preferably in Financial Services and/or Risk Management
- Energetic and dynamic in style with a high degree of flexibility and leadership
- Highly motivated self-starter with excellent time management/prioritization skills to manage competing demands
- Present well to senior and global business heads
- Have experience in managing senior level materials and/or various projects reporting; ability to influence and advise executive management
- Flexible in work style, strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships across all levels and influence key stakeholders
- Self-motivated, tenacious and able to work with high degree of independence within a highly volatile environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with ability to analyze large data sets and present conclusions concisely
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Attention to detail with logical thought process
About Us: JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The health and safety of our colleagues, candidates, clients and communities has been a top priority in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. JPMorgan Chase was awarded the “WELL Health-Safety Rating” for all of our 6,200 locations globally based on our operational policies, maintenance protocols, stakeholder engagement and emergency plans to address a post-COVID-19 environment.
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. Employees are expected to follow the Firm’s current COVID-19 or other infectious disease health and safety requirements, including local requirements. Requirements include sharing information including your vaccine card in the firm’s vaccine record tool, and may include mask wearing. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape. JPMorgan Chase will consider accommodation requests as required by applicable law.
We offer a competitive total rewards package including base salary determined based on the role, experience, skill set, and location. For those in eligible roles, discretionary incentive compensation which may be awarded in recognition of individual achievements and contributions. We also offer a range of benefits and programs to meet employee needs, based on eligibility. These benefits include comprehensive health care coverage, on-site health and wellness centers, a retirement savings plan, backup childcare, tuition reimbursement, mental health support, financial coaching and more. Additional details about total compensation and benefits will be provided during the hiring process.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
About the Team:
The Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across investment banking, wholesale payments, markets and securities services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk and extend liquidity in markets around the world.
Global Finance & Business Management works to strategically manage capital, drive growth and efficiencies, maintain financial reporting and proactively manage risk. By providing information, analysis and recommendations to improve results and drive decisions, teams ensure the company can navigate all types of market conditions while protecting our fortress balance sheet.