The Developer II focuses on developing multiple types and categories of software including end-user applications and operating systems software, that provides a platform for running end user applications. While working independently with limited supervision, this job applies up-to-date information on the detailed technical design and development of applications using existing and emerging technology platforms.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Conducts requirements gathering and analysis to understand the domain of the software problem and/or functionality, the interfaces between hardware and software, and the overall software characteristics.
- Consults with systems engineers and architects on developing IT standards for the business while facilitating the translation of client requirements into technical designs for large IT solutions.
- Uses programming, scripting, and/or database languages to write the software code.
- Models key business processes and critical paths while assessing the impact of technology on business processes.
- Supports software testing, deployment, maintenance, and evolves activities by correcting programming errors, responding to scope changes, and coding software enhancements
- Maintains records for the documentation of systems development and revisions.
- Coaches and reviews the work of lower level professionals.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- 3+ Years Required; 5+ Years Preferred
- Physical Requirements: Sedentary Work
3 or more years experience in Data Modeling and Data Analysis
3 or more years experience in SQL Server, T-SQL, SSIS, SSRS or other Business Intelligence technologies
Experience in SSRS / Reporting
Experience in SSIS and or Talend
Experience in Unix
Experience in Power BI
Experience in Qlik
Experience in the financial services/commercial finance industry is preferred
Experience in Agile Methodologies
Base Pay Range: $70,500/yr. – $117,600/yr.
Actual base salary may vary based upon, but not limited to, relevant experience, time in role, base salary of internal peers, prior performance, business sector, and geographic location. In addition to base salary, the competitive compensation package may include, depending on the role, participation in an incentive program linked to performance (for example, annual discretionary incentive programs, non-annual sales incentive plans, or other non-annual incentive plans).
As a part of TIAA’s Financial Solutions business, TIAA Bank, a division of TIAA, FSB, provides full-service, nationwide banking and lending services to consumer, commercial and institutional clients through a variety of channels, including online, its Florida-based financial centers and at other business offices throughout the country.
TIAA requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide documentation of full vaccination, unless you qualify for an accommodation as determined by TIAA consistent with applicable law.
Benefits and Total Rewards
The organization is committed to making financial well-being possible for its clients, and is equally committed to the well-being of our associates. That’s why we offer a comprehensive Total Rewards package designed to make a positive difference in the lives of our associates and their loved ones. Our benefits include a superior retirement program and highly competitive health, wellness and work life offerings that can help you achieve and maintain your best possible physical, emotional and financial well-being. To learn more about your benefits, please review our .
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
Read more about the Equal Opportunity Law .
TIAA offers support for those who need assistance with our online application process to provide an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities.
If you are a U.S. applicant and desire a reasonable accommodation to complete a job application please use one of the below options to contact our accessibility support team:
Phone: (800) 842-2755
For Applicants of TIAA, Nuveen and Affiliates residing in US (other than California), click .
For Applicants of TIAA, Nuveen and Affiliates residing in California, please click .
For Applicants of Nuveen residing in Europe and APAC, please click .
For Applicants of Greenwood residing in Brazil (English), click .
For Applicants of Greenwood residing in Brazil (Portuguese), click .
For Applicants of Westchester residing in Brazil (English), click .
For Applicants of Westchester residing in Brazil (Portuguese), click .