GMP Recruitment are proud to partner a highly successful, fast growing manufacturing company with a global customer base. We are recruiting on their behalf for an experienced Finance Assistant to join their ever growing and successful team on a full time, permanent contract, located in Hay-on-Wye.
This is a remote working position, but you will be required to attend the Herefordshire office occasionally, for meetings and team events.
As Finance Assistant you will support the finance function with all aspects of accounts receivable and accounts payable as well as contribute towards supporting month-end and year-end procedures.
The ideal candidate for this role will be able to demonstrate previous experience within a finance/account’s office environment with knowledge on activities relating to accounts receivable, payable and ledger activities.
Finance Assistant main duties:
- Sales Ledger – processing sales invoicing, reconciliation of recognised revenue, analysis reports, manage invoice queries and chasing payments
- Purchase Ledger, handling supplier invoices, handle supplier queries, review of payment run, cash expenses and month review of goods received invoices
- Assisting with year-end audit requests
- Completion of other month-end reconciliations and investigation of variances
- Carry out other month end procedure as an when required
- Support with business process improvements and lean ways of working
Finance Assistant desired skills and experience:
- Previous experience with a Finance/Accounts office environment
- Knowledge of main accounting principles and sales/purchase ledger functions
- Ability to analyse, interpret and report large volumes of data
- Computer literate with demonstrable experience of Microsoft Office Excel
- High level of numeracy and literacy skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Able to work effectively and contribute as part of a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; able to convey information and ideas clearly and succinctly.
- Able to organise and prioritise workload
- Works well under pressure and when meeting tight deadlines
The Finance Assistant position can offer an immediate start for the successful candidate and for all the above requirements you will be offered a highly competitive basic salary up to £25,000, which is commensurate with experience, plus additional company benefits.
My client can provide a supportive team environment with good quality work. They also aim to promote a good work/life balance and are committed to the health and wellbeing of all staff.
If the above role sounds perfect for you, or you require more information, please click apply
GMP Recruitment are recruiting for this role on behalf of their client and are acting as a Recruitment Agency