ACCOUNTS CONTROLLER – INSURANCE
We’re looking for an Accounts Controller to join a busy Accounting Team, responsible for the maintenance of their financial accounting systems. The role is also predominantly remote (with travel around once a month to Haywards Heath, West Sussex training). So if you’re looking for a better work-life balance and are AAT qualified or you’re in the early stages of professional accounting qualifications, apply today!
About our client
They’re a global insurer, part of a leading and expanding motor insurance group who are renowned for their staff reward and recognition and are ranked highly in The Times Top 30 Big Companies to work for. They’re a modern and progressive group and pride themselves on their dynamic and agile way of working.
Location: Predominantly remote. Initial training for the first couple of weeks will take place in Haywards Heath, West Sussex; after which, you will typically only need to go to the office on an ad-hoc basis, typically at month-end.
Salary: Range from £24,000 to £30,000 based on experience + benefits
Key tasks will include but not limited to:
- P&L and Balance sheet preparation.
- Intercompany reconciliations plus all other general balance sheet reconciliations
- Preparation and processing of journals as required.
- Maintenance of the downloaded excel accounts spreadsheets
- Reconciliation of the client accounts to the underlying underwriting systems.
- IPT Returns
- Preparation of data for other contracts or regulatory submissions. To include XOL contracts, MIB returns, ABI Returns, FSCS, London Fire Brigade etc.
- Raise payments or liaise with external parties to collect cash owed.
- Instigate collection of reinsurance recoveries. Maintain associated records and reconciliations.
The ideal candidate:
- Works well with others to complete tasks together
- Proficient in Excel
- Experience in Sage
- AAT qualified or early stages of professional accounting qualifications
- Able to interpret legal agreements in so far as is necessary to produce accurate monthly accounts
- (Desirable) Has a working knowledge of the insurance specific agreements and expenses
- (Desirable) Displays a detailed knowledge and understanding of the Lloyds Syndicate accounting requirements
- (Desirable) Demonstrates a thorough understanding of the high-level principles of any insurance reconciliation in order to operate the reconciliations where figures are unusual or to prevent/identify where errors have occurred