Head of Group Accounting – Harrogate – £55,000 – £60,000 – Hybrid working
Sewell Wallis are delighted to be working with a PE backed business based in Harrogate that has had significant growth over the last 2 years and they’re looking to recruit a Head of Group Accounting. With more exciting acquisitions on the horizon, this role will quickly progress alongside the business.
The role will report into a fantastic Group Financial Controller who is looking for someone they can develop and mentor. The position will manage a small team of 2, including a qualified accountant and a part qualified accounts assistant.
Your duties will include the following:-
– Preparation of the group monthly board pack with revenue excess of £120m
– Leading and developing the core management accounts team
– Strengthening the financial controls and procedures in place
– Assist with the migration of any future acquisitions intro the group financial report and ERP systems
– Ensure that cashflow forecast is accurately completed on a fortnightly basis
– Perform balance sheet review on a monthly basis
– Produce the statutory accounts for all group entities
– Support in ad-hoc financial projects as and when required
– Develop the division MI packs so that they add additional value to the stakeholders
– Key point of contact and day to day management of the audit as well as accounting and tax compliance
To be considered for this opportunity, you will need to be a qualified accountant with a strong background within financial accounting, ideally you will have trained with a recognised accountancy practice.
Being a natural leader and manager is key, as well as being a driven and ambitious individual who wants to make changes and improvements within a fast paced and growing organisation.
Our client is based in Harrogate but is operating a flexible, hybrid model, they are therefore happy for someone to be in the office 2-3 days a week.
For further details please contact Danny Potter or apply online via the link.
To apply please send your CV, quoting our reference and specifying which website you saw this position advertised on. Due to the high volume of applications please accept that if we have not responded to your application within seven days, your application has not been successful.
Sewell Wallis is a specialist recruitment company with a vast amount of experience in our industry we offer permanent, temporary and interim recruitment support for accounting and finance, human resources and business support positions. We recruit at all levels within finance from Purchase Ledger Administrator and Credit Controller level through to Financial Controller and Director positions. With offices in Sheffield and Leeds, we are well situated to cover all of South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire and Manchester. Please visit our website for more information on accountancy and finance jobs and human resources or business support positions.