Operational Finance Manager (12 month FTC) – Hybrid working 2-3 days per week in the Milton Keynes office. ASAP start to cover the current manager who will be going on a Finance System Upgrade Project (Microsoft Dynamics)
The primary role is to provide suppliers and customers (internal and external) with world-class service from the Finance Operations team, whilst operating in compliance with all relevant financial controls and statutory requirements.
You will be responsible for accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit control, treasury including management of our asset-based finance facility, and accounting for stock purchases. It is your responsibility to ensure that our sales and operations teams have all the day-to-day financial support they need to maximise sales and profit.
- Planning and leading the Finance Operations workload and priorities
- Look after our day-to-day banking relationships, and ensure the smooth operation of all our bank accounts in the UK and overseas
- Manage the asset-based finance facility, including responsibility for submitting all reporting requirements to the bank and managing drawdowns and loan balances within covenants and minimising interest charges. Manage the quarterly AR and stock audit which supports the facility
- Ensure that the accounts receivable function is operated efficiently, and that credit control is effective and adding value. Manage our credit insurance policy accordingly, and work closely with the global sales teams to ensure they can maximise sales whilst minimising business risk. Review of all new customer contracts
- Oversee the AP operation including invoice workflows, personal expenses reclaim and corporate credit card claims, and review and approve payments
- Oversee the reconciliation of all bank accounts and alternative payment methods (e.g. PayPal, Alipay, Klarna etc). Primary contact for all payment providers
- Management of forward currency contracts
- Stock accounting; ensure that the team values all stock correctly on landing in all locations including factory costs, freight, duty and other charges
- Review VAT returns, US & Canada sales Tax returns
- Submit other regulatory information as necessary, e.g. PPR, SECR etc
- Provide insightful reporting to the management team on all aspects of AR, AP and treasury
- Audit contact for finance operations
- Oversee monthly management accounting process and month end close of all ledgers
- Review of all operational balance sheet recs
- Ensure all Finance requirements in place for store rollouts
- Complete rollout and manage new corporate expense card
- Line Management: Lead and develop the Finance Operations team; your direct reports include the finance manager for AP & AR, two treasury assistants, and two stock accountants
The successful candidate will be a Qualified Accountant ACCA/ACA/CIMA or QBE
Previous retail or wholesale background would be beneficial.
Ability to represent Finance and build relationships with senior management across the business
Coach, mentor and develop skills within the team