Our client is a leading Mechanical & Electrical building services engineering and design consultancy in central London which is offering Mechanical, Electrical & Public Health Design and MEP Project Management. ISO 9001:2015 Certified company offering MEP services for infrastructure, new buildings and upgrade projects, with a focus on innovative, low energy solutions. Further they design commercial offices, data centres, hotels, mixed-use projects, residential and retail projects.
Why should you join?
– Medium sized company – This will ensure more personal attention and you not just being a number amongst the masses.
– Broad exposure – Good potential for exposure to broader parts of projects
– Career growth – Many opportunities to progress in the company as it is rapidly growing – this position has the possibility to grow into an Associate Director position if the incumbent performs well.
– Competitive package also includes healthcare, income protection insurance, life insurance and pension. Depending on company and staff performance they also pay bonuses to staff performing well.
– Social & culture – There is a warm welcoming culture in the company and they arrange regular social activities and functions.
– CPD opportunities – Regular CPD lunch-and-learn sessions are arranged where the company invites manufacturers to present their latest product lines and industry trends.
– Flexible office-based role as the company is actively investing time in mentoring and developing staff.
Maybe you are currently in a large consultancy where you are just a cog in the wheel for large projects (an important cog) but you don’t just want to be a specialist in a few key tasks. You want to take more responsibility and have more direct impact on overall project success.
If you are an Electrical Engineer with an additional interest in Mechanical Engineering and well as running projects, this is a super opportunity to work for a busy professional M&E building services consultancy in London.
Take a load of the current Technical Director and grow into the role of running projects to ensure the overall successful completion of both the electrical and mechanical side of projects. You can soon grow into an Associate Director position if that is the type of responsibility you want to grow into.
Build on your expertise and get well-rounded experience in new builds, refurbishments and energy strategy. This mid-sized consultancy has divisions in:
- Commercial (have completed high-rise, mixed use, business parks in UK and Europe)
- Residential (have completed 400+ apartments for prestigious developers)
- Public (rail, defense and custodial clients)
- Education & Health
- Data centres and critical assets
- Strategic Energy work for local planning
Typical appointments cover complete design of the electrical, mechanical, public health and IT services.
Excellent staff growth, progression and long service opportunity. Retention of staff is excellent and even those that leave often return when they discover elsewhere just how good the working environment and culture is.
Sink your teeth into exciting projects and make a difference while getting the support and mentoring you want. Empowered environment where you can grow and develop your career.
- Design Team Planning and organisation
- Design Management, liaison with design team
- Project Management and Coordination
- Provision of adequate resources and training
- Contract Review and implementation
- Continuous Quality championing
- Continuous H&S championing
- Client management (key accounts management)
- Project documentation authorisation
- Reporting to Director
- Only candidates who are currently residing in the UK and who are either British citizens or in possession of a have a valid UK work permit, will be considered.
- You must be available to take up a new position in the next 2-4 weeks.
- Minimum 6 years on building services related projects.
- Technical degree qualified with MSc.
- Must be registered as a Chartered Engineer and a member of a professional body (e.g. PIIB).
- Experience and good understanding of local (UK) Building Regulations.
- Experience in design and construction site monitoring is essential.
- Good understanding of mechanical, electrical and public health systems.
- Experience in people management.
Sector Experience Preferred
– Priority will be given to candidates who have experience with Residential and mixed used development and commercial fit-out experience.
– Experience in heritage buildings is beneficial.
– Experience with critical facilities / banking and data centres also beneficial.
– Highly competitive salary around £50 000 – £60 000+ p.a. based on the individual’s skills, background and experience.
– Typical package includes health insurance, pension, income protection insurance, life insurance and sickness benefits.
– Depending on company and staff performance, bonuses of 10% will be paid to staff performing well.
The company’s Head Office is located in a prime riverside location in Central London.