The QC Specialist executes against assigned control tests as part of the overall first line of defense testing program. Control tests may include but will not limited to oversight and effective challenge of operational processes such as case investigation, transaction monitoring, name screening, and due diligence reviews. The position acts as a subject matter expert and point of contact for the BSA Operations management team members. The colleague will be responsible to execute against Department strategies that ensure compliance with BSA/AML/CTF regulations in alignment with Huntington’s risk appetite.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Under direct supervision, primarily executes against assigned control tests including each of the core functions of BSA/AML and OFAC Compliance programs;
- Under direct supervision, may design control tests to mitigate compliance, operational, and reputational risks;
- Partner with QC Leadership and BSA Operations’ Learning and Development Team to identify opportunities for continuous education, mentorship, and colleague development;
- Serve as a department subject matter expert related to BSA/AML and OFAC compliance and provide feedback to both Operational Leadership and investigators;
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with operational leadership and colleagues to ensure continuous and proactive communication;
- May be assigned special projects from time-to-time and under the direct supervision of QC Leadership.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree, or high school diploma with an additional 4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelor’s Degree
- 3 or more of experience in financial/banking industry or BSA/AML department specifically to also include at least one year in an investigation or testing, risk & control, or audit role
- At least one year of experience with colleague coaching and leadership through indirect or direct management positions.
- Related professional certifications such as CAMS or CFE
- Expanded knowledge of federal regulations (USA PATRIOT Act, Bank Secrecy Act, Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council etc.)
- Strong ability to influence via written communication
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Excellent critical thinking, communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated, deadline driven and able to work in an ever-changing environment
- Familiarity in using AML compliance monitoring systems such as SAS, Actimize Case Management, and other core transaction system (e.g., wire transfer, depository systems, and ACH)
- Proven track record of strong communications, analytical, organizational, project management and planning skills.
- Experience with working in team-oriented environments where success of the overall team is critical to operational excellence
Exempt Status: (Yes = not eligible for overtime pay) (No = eligible for overtime pay) No
Workplace Type: Remote
Huntington is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity and expression, genetic information, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.
Tobacco-Free Hiring Practice: Visit Huntington’s Career Web Site for more details.
Agency Statement: Huntington does not accept solicitation from Third Party Recruiters for any position