The SLA Coordination team within the Third Party Risk Management Department is responsible for the oversight and governance around the Service Level Agreements (SLA) for the North American Region. This group will support any new request or update to any agreement.
*Physical presence in BNPP’s office(s) is an essential function of this position. BNPP requires all of our employees to be vaccinated in order to access its offices, subject to reasonable accommodations for reasons related to disability or religion. This role will be hybrid, consisting of an in office and remote working component.
The expected starting salary range for this position in New Jersey is between $128k to $160k annually. The actual salary may vary based upon several factors including, but not limited to, relevant skills/experience, time in role, base salary of internal peers, prior performance, business line, and geographic/office location.
Candidate Success Factors:
Candidates to be measured on the following four performance drivers, which will dictate how individual impact is considered on the Americas platform:
- Results and Impact
- Impacts division and influences peers and team
- Demonstrates good judgement when making decisions of high complexity and impact
- Relies on limited guidance for most complex decision making
- Is responsible for driving outcomes which have meaningful effect on team or department
- Leadership and Collaboration
- Creates trust with department leaders
- Acts in leadership capacity for large projects, processes, or programs for a team
- Client, Customer and Stakeholder Focus
- Able to build relationships with a mix of intermediate and senior colleagues or clients
- Interacts regularly with management and department leaders
- Demonstrates the ability to persuade and influence stakeholders at the team level
- Compliance Culture and Conduct
- Takes full responsibility for personal actions and demonstrates courage in facing problems and conflicts
- Perceived as a person of high moral character; upholds corporate values and displays high ethical standards”
The SLA Coordinator will be responsible to document all types of services exchanged between the different entities of BNP Paribas. The SLA Coordinator will be the point of contact for any SLAs related to the North American Region.
The scope includes US entities as service provider or recipient with any entity of the BNP Paribas Group worldwide. In cases for Canada, when acting as service provider or recipient with BNP Paribas Group entities worldwide, the SLA Coordinator will work closely with the local functional supervisory SLA team (i.e., Legal, Finance, Tax, Compliance, Third Party Risk, etc.) in Canada to help facilitate the SLA process.
The Coordinator collaborates with company’s senior management and stakeholders in establishing SLAs to document relationships between legal entities of the Group where a U.S. or Canadian entity is a party to the relationship. A best practice framework was established and defines a specific rationalized approach to documenting services between entities. The SLA Coordinator is in charge of fostering its adoption and maintaining the integrity of the governance structure and documentation.
Multidisciplinary in nature, the SLA Coordinator will have almost daily interactions with the following departments; legal, finance, tax and compliance and also the business sponsors of the request s/he is managing. There may be some minimal interaction with HR regarding the Dual and/or Triple Employment requirements for certain personnel.
In addition, he/she will be responsible for the maintenance of the electronic library of the executed agreements in our local and global repositories and the electronic workflow.
Core functions and responsibilities:
Analysis & Advisory Functions:
- Collaborate with business owners (sponsors) to fully understand the nature of their request.
- Perform business analysis and advise business owners how to properly document a relationship. Assist in the development or improvement of SLAs in order to help facilitate services amongst the various different entities of BNP Paribas
- Manage and coordinate the Agreements Process from introducing Agreement to Entities (if none exist today) to negotiating its details.
- Facilitate technical and legal negotiations with each of the entities on specifics relating to the Agreements, establish review process, manager version control, channel feedback, and provide clarifications with the support of the legal department and/or business sponsors if required.
- Facilitate and manage the editorial, review, and proof-read process together with concerned Entity ensuring Agreements are written in a clear, concise, and precise manner, agreeable and understood by all parties involved.
- Ensure that SLAs are drafted and executed in line with regulatory requirements and Third Party Risk Management Framework for affiliate’s onboarding.
- Monitor, Review and update the SLA team’s controls: GAP Analysis, Step 1.5 Invoicing, Invoicing from affiliates and Recertification.
- Lead discussions with internal / external audit should any missions arise
- Participate to any regulatory exams and provide supporting documentation in a timely manner
- Provide technical support and guidance to business sponsors or other parties involved in using DOCS and Argos.
- Make sure every SLA request is well documented and an audit trail of all SLA reviews maintained.
- Maintain the electronic library in the local NAR Sharepoint site and the global Argos repository, once fully implemented.
- Maintain the electronic workflows for all new and revised SLAs.
- Assembling material for obtaining approval and final signatures.
- Provide technical support and guidance to business sponsors or other parties involved in using Argos for the workflow process and SharePoint site for the North America regional library of executed documents.
- Monitor and update the SLA Log to properly document any new changes that may arise.
- Monitor the negotiation of the Agreements Process providing regular feedback and reporting to senior management as well as establishing and maintaining relevant tracking sheets and dashboards.
- Coordinate with the Finance Expense team for a semi-annual review of the billings to ensure compliance with the SLA Agreements.
- Coordinate with other regional SLA Coordinators to establish “best practices”
- Prepare PowerPoint Point presentations for ad hoc reporting
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor degree preferably in a business related field
- 5+ years working experience in a major corporation, preferably in the project management space, the consulting industry or in a consulting capacity within the financial industry
- Understanding of the legal entity concept and exposure to legal agreements or contracts with internal or external counterparties
- Experience working in a transversal capacity and multi-stakeholder environment
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proficiency in cloud management systems, preferably Sharepoint a plus
- Energetic, flexible and industrious self-motivated team player with strong organizational skills, attention to detail and strong work ethic
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to understand concepts quickly — fast learner
- Solid business analysis skills
- Experience within a multicultural environment
FINRA Registrations Required:
CFTC Swap Dealer Associated Person (if yes, NFA Swaps Proficiency Program is required):N/A
SEC Security-Based Swap Dealer Associated Person:
About BNP Paribas:
In the United States, BNP Paribas has built a strong and diversified presence to support its client base. We continue to grow and strengthen our commitment to the US market through our activities. We are one of a few non-US banks to offer a full value chain for our clients, from trading to financing, and clearing and custody in the US with the international footprint and capacity to deliver both globally and locally. Leveraging the strength of our European roots, our network can support clients in virtually every region of the world, enabling more connectivity and efficiency wherever our clients conduct business.
services corporate clients and institutional investors offering tailored solutions in financing, cash management, and advisory services to companies via Corporate Banking, in capital markets via Global Markets, and in securities custody and administration via Securities Services. As the asset management arm of BNP Paribas, offers high value-added solutions to individual savers, companies, and institutional investors.
The bank employs nearly 14,000 people and has a presence in the country since the late 1800s in major cities including New York, Jersey City, Chesterbrook, PA, San Francisco, Boston, Chicago, Denver and Washington, DC.
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach across the US, EMEA and APAC. It has a presence in 68 countries, with more than 193,000 employees. The Bank offers a comprehensive range of banking, investment and financial services solutions through three main fields of activity: Retail Banking for the Bank’s retail-banking networks and several specialized businesses including BNP Paribas Personal Finance and Arval; Investment & Protection Services for savings, investment and protection solutions; and Corporate & Institutional Banking, focused on corporate and institutional clients. Based on its strong diversified and integrated model, BNP Paribas helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realize their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
We take pride in our expertise and our ability to adapt while constantly looking ahead to create a more sustainable world.
BNP Paribas. The Bank for a Changing World.
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.